Title: MFP-3 Solved Assignment 2022
Course Code : MFP-3
Course Title : Commodity Markets
Session: July 2021 and January 2022 sessions
Assignment Code : MFP-3/TMA/JAN/2022
Coverage : All Blocks
Course: Master of Business Administration
Soft Copy: Yes
Downloadable File: Yes
Last date of submission of MFP-3 for January 2022 session is 30th April, 2022 and for July 2022 session is 31st October, 2022.
MFP-3 Solved Assignment 2022 – Commodity Markets
1. What do you understand by the Commodity Market Ecosystem? Discuss the benefits of commodity derivatives for producers, consumers and manufacturers.
2. Describe the regulatory framework for future delivery in commodity markets in India and discuss the statutory functions of Forward Market Commission.
3. What are ‘Warehouse Receipts’? Explain the advantages of dematerialized warehouse receipts over the physical ones. Discuss the procedure adopted for dematerialization and rematerialization of warehouse receipts.
4. Discuss the characteristics of crude oil and distillate products. Explain the structure of crude oil markets and the trends in it over the past decade.
5. What do you mean by ‘Weather Derivatives’? What is the utility of these derivates? Briefly explain the different products of these derivatives and comment on the international markets for them.